Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Spicy Avocado Lime Dressing

This dressing is amazing. I made it yesterday and have used it for every dish since then, including:

  • a salad with chicken

  • as a dip for carrots, green peppers, and cucumbers

  • as sauce on a burger

  • for breakfast on top of a bed of spinach with 1 fried egg and bacon, YUM!


Basically, its awesome on everything.

What you need...


  • 2 ripe avocados

  • 1 jalapeno pepper, stem removed (or not if you want the extra heat)

  • 2 cloves garlic, peeled

  • large handful fresh cilantro (literally just grab a handful)

  • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt

  • 1/2 cup water

  • 1/4 cup lime juice


How to make it...

Put all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth! If you aren't happy with the consistency, add another 1/4 cup water.

Image

Then PUT IT ON EVERYTHING because its that good.

Image

K, byeeee!

2 comments:

  1. Mallory! I've been following your blog for a while now. I just had to tell you-- I made this last night and holy cow... it was AMAZING. I used it as a dressing over salad last night but I took your advice and used it over my eggs this morning (I made a skinny Mexican omelette) and I liked it even better :) Thanks for the great recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I love hearing things like this!! So glad you enjoyed the dressing!! You breakfast sounds yummy :)

    ReplyDelete