Monday, April 29, 2013

Fried Bananas

I really wanted to make fried plantains (even tho I have no idea if I even like plantains?), but they didn't have any at the grocery store, so I decided to try using regular bananas. I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but I gave it a try and I was pleasantly surprised.

What you need....

  • 1 ripe banana, sliced

  • coconut or olive oil

  • cinnamon

  • honey (optional)


Cover the bottom of a skillet in oil.  Heat on medium low heat until the oil begins to sizzle a little. Then add the bananas.  Fry them for 3-4 minutes on each side. Once the bananas are looking golden, remove them from the pan and place them on a plate.  Lightly sprinkle with cinnamon.
fried bananas


I can't have any sugar during the WLC, but I think drizzling the slices with honey would be really good! Go ahead try it for me and let me know how awesome it is. K, byeeeee.

2 comments:

  1. My mom's friend is Cuban and her mom always makes us plantain chips, they're awesome! They're not sweet like bananas and they salt them. Also they slice them on a mandolin so it's super thin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, this is actually perfect timing - I just bought some plantains at the store!! I'm glad to know they're not sweet, so I have realistic expectations going in. Haha I'll try and make some chips this week!

    ReplyDelete