Monday, April 8, 2013

Brussels Sprouts

I hardly ever ate bacon before the WLC started. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE BACON, avoiding it just seemed like a necessary evil in order to fit into my jeans. However, since the WLC started, my basic food groups are fruits, veggies, and bacon. We all know bacon makes everything better. It’s true. Yes, even chocolate. I’m crazy like that.

Anyway this post isn't actually about bacon, its about brussels sprouts - haha! I had never cooked brussels sprouts before. My immediate reaction to them is yuck, they smell bad. But during the WLC I've been branching out a lot and trying new things, so why not try making brussels sprouts?! After some careful research on the interweb, I found that roasting or sautéing them is the way to go. Adding bacon, well that was just a given.

What you need...

  • 1 pound brussels sprouts - trimmed and halved

  • salt and pepper to taste

  • 6 slices bacon (0r an entire package, whatever works)

  • 3 cloves of garlic - minced or sliced thinly, your choice


How to make it...

  1. Peel off any bad leaves from the brussels sprouts and cut them in half lengthwise.

  2. Heat a pan over medium heat, add bacon (I cut my bacon up in to small pieces), and cook  for 1 minute.

  3. Add the brussels sprouts and fry until they start to brown around the edges.

  4. Add garlic slices and fry 1 minute until softened.

  5. Drain brussels sprouts to remove excess oil and serve immediately.


brussel-sprouts-bacon

Pretty easy right? Personally, I still think brussels sporuts smell like feet. My apartment smelled for a solid two days after I made these, BUT they're quite tasty...so I guess it's worth it? I'll let you all decide for yourseleves. K, byeeeee.

1 comment:

  1. […] …Sara emailed me this dinner idea and I thought it sounded so good I made it that same day. OF COURSE I added bacon. […]

    ReplyDelete