Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Coconut Cream Pie

Larabars are the shit. Every single flavor is more delicious than the next. Why has it taken so long for someone to figure out that squishing these natural ingredients together would create such tasty treats?! More importantly, why wasn't that person me? I could be making bank selling Mallobars at $1.80 a piece! Which brings me to my next point, they're not cheap! However, because there are so few ingredients, I figured they couldn't be that hard to make! Annnddd I was right! I started with my current favorite flavor, Coconut Cream Pie, and after some trial and error I found the perfect balance of the ingredients! This recipe makes four larabars mallobars.

What you need...

  • 1/2 cup raw almonds

  • 1/2 cup unsweetened organic coconut flakes

  • 8 large dates, pitted

  • 1 teaspoon extra virgin coconut oil


How to make them....

Put all of the ingredients in a food processer and blend well. It should looks something like this:

IMG_2540

Dump the mixture onto a sheet of plastic wrap, form a rectangle, and place it in the fridge for about 10 mins and allow it to harden. Remove it from the fridge and cut it into four bars (I used a pizza cutter). Wrap them individually with plastic wrap to avoid eating them all in one sitting :)

IMG_5726

I should also mention that the real coconut cream pie larabars contain cashews. I didn't have any cashews and these taste awesome, so I'm going to say they're not necessary!IMG_1085

So which would you prefer, store bought larabars @ $1.80 or homemade mallobars @ $0.60/bar?! Seems like a no-brainer to me! K, byeeeeee.

 

4 comments:

  1. [...] Eventually I’m sure I’ll recreate all of them, but so far I’ve only made Coconut Cream Pie [Mallobars]. Recently I saw a picture of a gingersnap larabar on Instagram. As soon as I saw it I made it my [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy yummyness...thank you thank you thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. […] came across a recipe for homemade coconut Lara bars and I just HAD to make it […]

    ReplyDelete
  4. […] came across a recipe for homemade coconut Lara bars and I just HAD to make it […]

    ReplyDelete