Wednesday, February 1, 2012

N'awlins Grub.

I made my first trip to New Orleans, Louisiana in January and I ate myself silly during the visit. We had so much amazing food on the trip, it's hard to pick a favorite.


We ate po' boys at Mother's Restaurant.



We had beignets at Cafe Du Monde.



And we ate our share of  jambalaya and seafood gumbo at Coop's Place.


But of all these awesome places, my visit to Cochon Butcher is probably the one meal I'd pay stupid amounts of money to enjoy again. It's a butcher shop, a sandwich counter and a wine bar. Its casual atmosphere and fresh offerings made it a place I felt right at home.



While standing in line I changed my mind about what I was going to order approximately seven times. Everything sounded so good!



Something that I thought was really cool was that it wasn't uncommon for people waiting in line to ask the people sitting down about what they ordered. "That looks amazing, which sandwich is that?" I myself even asked a stranger what he was eating (because it was literally making my mouth water). We ended up ordering quite a few things.



For starters, the stuffed pretzel. It was served with a side of deli mustard, but it was so delicious that it didn't need to be dipped in anything.



Next up was the Pancetta Mac-n-Cheese. I don't think I really need to say how amazing this was...just look at it!! However, I would have tolerated the portion being about five times this size.



This first sandwich decided upon was the Cubano, with roasted pork, ham and swiss cheese. Needless to say,  I'm drooling a little just by looking at this picture.



Lastly, we had the jalapeno stuffed sausage with cabbage and cilantro. This picture doesn't even come close to doing the sandwich justice...my bad I was WAY too excited about eating it to worry about getting a better picture. (Sidebar, you can see me nomming on this little guy on my Meet the Eater page.)

Anyway, if you ever find yourself in NOLA, you should try to find time to eat at Cochon Butcher. K, byeeee.

No comments:

Post a Comment