Friday, February 3, 2012

Pizza Muffins.

As I explained in my Fake Pizza post, I. love. pizza. In every form. Consequently, it should come as no surprise to you that I am sharing another pizza recipe, namely, Mini Pizza Muffins.  I made these during football season and they were a perfect tailgate dish. I figured it would be a good idea to share the recipe before the super bowl, as they would make a great addition to any super bowl junk food spread.

There are about a million different variations of this recipe out there, but I really liked how mine turned out (and so did all the drunk kids at the tailgate), so I'm just going to share my version...

Ingredients:

  • 3/4 cup flour

  • 3/4 teaspoon baking powder

  • 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning

  • pinch of red pepper flakes (or a handful, whatever floats your boat)

  • 3/4 cup milk

  • 1 egg, lightly beaten

  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (I used mini cheese cubes)

  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

  • 1 cup mini pepperonis (or whatever your favorite topping may be)

  • 1/2 cup store-bought pizza sauce


What to do:

  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease a 24-cup mini-muffin pan.

  2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes; add in the milk and egg. Stir in the mozzarella, Parmesan and pepperoni (or whatever toping you're using).

  3. Stir the batter (obviously until its all mixed together nicely) and divide among the mini-muffin cups.

  4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until puffed and golden.

  5. Oh and don't forget to microwave the pizza sauce. Then serve the puffs with the pizza sauce for dipping.




You'll have to excuse the quality of these photos. When I made these little guys I didn't have a food blog. I took the photos for my own enjoyment (and to show my mom...look mom, I'm so domesticated!!).



Pretty pictures or not, believe me when I say they were good...and you should make them. K, byeeee.

No comments:

Post a Comment