Friday, February 10, 2012

Bacon Mac.

In case you haven't heard, I LOVE CHEESE! And as I've said before, Mac & Cheese is basically a food group for me. What's not to love about carbs covered in melted cheese? The bad part about Mac & Cheese? More often than not, it falls into the Fat Girl Nomz category....but not this recipe!! I discovered this really easy (and very delicious) recipe for Bacon Mac and Cheese through my subscription of Cooking Light Magazine.

What you will need...

  • 3 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided

  • 12 ounces wheat penne pasta

  • 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour

  • 1 1/2 cups skim milk, divided

  • 2 cups finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided

  • 1/4 cup sliced green onions

  • 1 teaspoon hot sauce

  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper

  • 2 slices turkey bacon

  • Cooking spray


How to make it...

  1. Preheat broiler.

  2. Bring medium pot of water and 1 tablespoon salt to a boil. Add pasta; cook 8 minutes or until al dente; drain.

  3. Combine flour and 1/2 cup milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Gradually add 1 cup milk; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; let stand 4 minutes.

  4. Stir in 1 1/2 cups cheese. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, onions, hot sauce, pepper, and bacon; stir.

  5. Add pasta; toss.

  6. Spoon into a 2-quart broiler-safe dish coated with cooking spray; top with 1/2 cup cheese. Broil 7 minutes.




This recipe makes about 6 servings, 1 cup each. Each serving is only 399 calories and 13.8g fat.




Once again I have to apologize for the quality of these photos. I made this dish long before I started this food blog, so I didn't really care how clearly they turned out.



But at least I love taking picture of my food though, right? Otherwise I would actually have to cook every time I wanted to post something...instead of having a large reserve of food photos just waiting to be talked about. Haha! Anyway, give this gem a try! K, byeeee.

No comments:

Post a Comment