Monday, February 6, 2012

Egg Muffins.

My brother and I are very devoted Virginia Tech football fans. We hardly (if ever) miss home games. We always tailgate in the same spot, with the same people, year after year. Soooo I guess you could say we're pretty good at tailgating? (We are.)

The best tailgates start with booze and breakfast (my interpretation of kegs and eggs - who wants to limit themselves to just beer and eggs? There needs to be a little room for creativity). Personally, I like to kick my day off with a nice, cold bottle of Andre (keeping it classy). On the other hand, consuming a pre-noon beer has become a time-honored tradition for my brother and his friends (they take this very seriously).

[slideshow]

Obviously we have the booze part covered, but we often forget the breakfast portion of this formula. When I came across a recipe for Egg Muffins, I knew it would be a perfect breakfast for our tailgates. They are really easy to make...

What you need:

  • 1 pound Italian Sausage

  • 8 large eggs

  • 1/4 cup milk

  • 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil

  • 1/2 tsp baking powder

  • salt & pepper to taste

  • Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese as needed


How to make them:

  1. Preheat oven to 375 F.

  2. In a large saute pan, over medium high heat, brown Italian Sausage until it is no longer pink. Remove from heat.

  3. Whisk together eggs, milk, oil and baking powder.  Season with salt and pepper.

  4. Lightly spray a 12-cupcake pan. Spoon out the sausage evenly into each cupcake.

  5. Ladle the egg mixture over sausage and broccoli.

  6. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

  7. Bake for 15-20 minutes.



Oh, and when you make them, don't forget to take them with you to your tailgate....




Because I forgot to take them to our tailgate...so once again we failed to include the breakfast part. Woopsie. K, byeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment