Thursday, January 19, 2012

That's Nacho Cheese.

The worst part, or rather, the only bad thing I've discovered about North Carolina is that there are no happy hours. Something about it being against the law? Apparently it encourages binge drinking? Total crap if you ask me. Anyway, happy hours don't exist at home, so once I enter the wonderful Commonwealth of Virginia, I'm basically required to enjoy a solid happy hour to two. 

Mister Days in Clarendon (Arlington, VA) has one of my favorite happy hours in the area. They call it Wacky Wednesday, I call it wednesDAYS. They have a $3 food menu and all of their draft beers are $2. (For the record, the food used to be $2 as well but those jerks increased the price. Rude.)

                

I have tried all of the food on the happy hour menu (of course), and for the most part, its pretty standard bar food. However, talk about delectable, their nachos are my favorite. Just look at them...



They do not skimp on the cheese, and whose favorite part about nachos isn't cheese? Between that, sour cream, guacamole and deep fried chips, you should probably consider getting the salad with hearts of palm to balance out the veggies to grease ratio.


 In my months of frequenting wednesDAYS, I have discovered the secret to the perfect plate of nachos...get the chili on the side!! The chips never get soggy and it's definitely a life-changing move.



 If you ever find yourself in Arlington on a Wednesday evening, you should probably go to Mister Days and enjoy a little $3 food and a lot of $2 beer.



K, byeeeee.

No comments:

Post a Comment