Saturday, January 14, 2012

Stand & Stuff.

Soft tacos are normally my go-to when I'm having a mexican fiesta, but the advertisements for the "Stand & Stuff" hard taco shells had me convinced I needed to get those in my belly.

You can have two of the shells for 130 calories - that paired with other low fat ingredients like ground turkey and light cheese, hold the sour cream (even though its my favorite) - makes this a dietlectable dish.


While I was cutting the onions, I was told "you don't look like Food Network."


So you mean professional chefs don't cut onions with a steak knife and cry? Weird.


I made my own taco seasoning with the random spices in my cabinet making this meal not only low calorie, but also low sodium. BOOM! The homemade taco seasoning was really easy! Just combine all the following spices in a bowl and mix:

  • 1 tablespoon chili powder

  • 1 tablespoon ground cumin

  • 1 tablespoon garlic powder

  • 1 tablespoon onion powder

  • 1/2 tablespoon crushed red pepper



I added fresh cilantro and lime to one taco....it tasted EXACTLY like Chipotle!!! (That was a lie, but it did give it a good flavor.) The other taco was topped with fresh jalapeƱo and lime. Both combination were great.



I guess I should work on my "plating" technique. Next time I'll drizzle some cilantro lime cream sauce on the plate to make it look fancy (you all will never know its probably just sour cream with food coloring).



TOTAL NOMZINATION.


And that concludes the evolution of my taco diner. K, byeeeeeee.

1 comment:

  1. [...] I started making my own taco seasoning a while ago (and blogged about it) simply because I forgot to buy a packet of it at the store. Since starting the WLC, I’m [...]

    ReplyDelete