Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Almond Pulp Hummus

After I made my first batch of Almond Milk I was left with a lot of perfectly good almond pulp and I wasn't sure what to do with it. I turned to the interweb for some inspiration and found a lot of really good ideas. I decided to turn it into hummus and it turned out really well!

What you need...

  • 1 1/4 cup almond pulp (all the leftovers from the almond milk)

  • 1/4 cup water

  • 1/4 cup olive oil

  • juice of 1 lemon

  • 2 cloves garlic, pealed

  • 3 tablespoons almond butter

  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin

  • 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika

  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

  • 1/4 teaspoon chili powder

  • 6-8 drops of hot sauce (optional - I used Franks)

  • pepper to taste


How to make it...

Put all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. If its not creamy enough, add more water or oil and blend. Repeat until you reach the desired consistency.

IMG_4071

I garnished mine with some chili pepper flakes and paprika.

IMG_4072

I served the hummus with celery, carrots, and cucumber slices. The hummus was so good, I couldn't even tell it wasn't made with chickpeas! K, byeeeeee.

No comments:

Post a Comment