Thursday, May 9, 2013

Bacon Avocado Deviled Eggs

I have been craving deviled eggs for a while, but I'm way too lazy to make paleo mayo (even if it is easy - I don't like mayo enough to put in the effort). I saw a pin the other day for avocado deviled eggs and realized I could just as easily make them without mayo! So I did, and they were great! (Of course I added bacon.)

What you need...

  • 8 hard-boiled eggs (why 8? that's all I had and it ended up working great)

  • 1 avocado

  • juice of half a lemon

  • 1/4 tsp dried mustard

  • 3 strips bacon, cooked crispy and diced

  • salt and pepper, to taste

  • 1 tablespoon hot sauce (optional)

  • paprika (optional)


How to make them...

Peel off egg shells and cut eggs in half. Carefully scoop out yolks. In a bowl (or food processor if you like - I just did it by hand and it wasn't difficult), combine yolks, avocado, lemon juice, mustard, hot sauce, salt, and pepper. Once everything is blended, mix in the bacon. Transfer to a ziplock bag and cut one of the corners. Squeeze mixture into the egg halvs. Top deviled eggs with paprika, more bacon, or any spice of your choice! Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.

IMG_4509

K, byeeee.

No comments:

Post a Comment