Thursday, May 2, 2013

Gingersnap Mallobar

We've already established that I love Larabars. Eventually I'm sure I'll recreate all of them, but so far I've only made Coconut Cream Pie [Mallobars]. Recently I saw a picture of a gingersnap larabar on Instagram. As soon as I saw it I made it my mission to find the gingersnap flavor. I went to four different stores looking for them and had no luck. It was quite depressing. THEN, out of the blue, a friend of mine from Texas mailed me a few to try...HOW AWESOME IS SHE?

IMG_4041

Anyway, as soon as I confirmed they are in fact delicious, it was time to make them on my own!

What you need...


    • 1 cup pitted dates (about 8 ounces)

    • 3/4 cup almonds

    • 3/4 cup pecans

    • 1-2 tablespoon minced fresh ginger

    • 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon

    • 3/4 teaspoon cloves



How to make them...

Place all the ingredients in a food processor except the ginger and dates and blend until everything is nice and chopped up. Add the dates and 1 tablespoon of ginger and blend. Once everything is chopped and blended, take a pinch of it and try it. If it isn't snappy enough for you, add some more ginger and blend! Once you're satisfied with the taste, portion out 1.8 ounce bars and wrap them individually in plastic wrap! This recipe yields approximately 9 Mallobars.

IMG_4158

And this ^picture^ is why I suck a being a food blogger...as you can see I didn't bother to make them pretty, wrap them nicely, or take a decent picture.Woopsie :) I'll do better next time! K, byeeeee.

2 comments:

  1. Wonder if there's a way to do these without nuts? :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you like bananas? I have an idea for a nut free banana bread bar!

    ReplyDelete