Friday, June 28, 2013

Coconut Chicken

I have been eating so much coconut since I started the WLC (I wrote this back in March and forgot to post it....woopsie), it was only a matter of time before I ate it with chicken. I'm used to coconut being sweet, so at first I wasn't sure how I felt about the finished product. It wasn't sweet and it was almost kind of bland? I ended up adding some sea salt to trick my brain into thinking it was a slaty-sweet dish. Haha I don't think it worked, but I enjoyed it either way.

What you need...
  • 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1/4 cup almond or coconut flour
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
  • 1/8 tsp sea salt
  • 1 egg
  • 2 Tbs coconut oil
How to make it...

Mix the flour, shredded coconut and sea salt together in a bowl. Beat an egg in a separate bowl. Dip the chicken breast in the egg and roll in dry mixture. Heat a pan over medium heat and add coconut oil when hot. Pan fry chicken until fully cooked.

Image
 If the crust starts to brown and your chicken isn't fully cooked yet (this will depend on the size of the chicken breast - it happened to me), take it out of the pan and place it in the oven on a baking sheet at 350F for 5-10 minutes covered with foil. K, byeeeee.

No comments:

Post a Comment