Thursday, June 13, 2013

Peanut Butter Banana "Ice Cream"

I love dessert. I haven't always loved it, but recently I have developed the biggest sweet tooth and it is a problem (duh, most desserts aren't exactly healthy). Recently, my version of dessert has been a Lara Bar (coconut cream pie and key lime pie are my current favorites) or fresh cut pineapple. The other day I was craving ice cream, but I can't have any dairy during the WLC. My solution? Two ingredient peanut butter banana ice cream.

What you need....

  • 3 large very ripe bananas
  • 2 tablespoons peanut butter (I used fresh ground peanuts from whole foods)

How to make it...

Peel bananas and slice into 1/2 inch pieces.

cut bananas


Arrange banana slices in a single layer on a large plate or baking sheet. Freeze for 1-2 hours. Once frozen, place the banana slices in a food processor or powerful blender. Puree banana slices until the mixture is creamy and smooth. Add the peanut butter and puree to combine.

banana %22ice cream%22


Serve immediately for soft-serve ice cream consistency. If you prefer harder ice cream, place in the freezer for a few hours and then serve. K, byeeee.

No comments:

Post a Comment