Thursday, February 21, 2013

Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus

I won't lie, so far the WLC has been prettyyyyy easy - I work from home, so I always have my entire kitchen at my fingertips; I haven't gone out at all, which means I haven't had to face any temptation to drink; and let's be serious, it hasn't even been a full week - but tomorrow this will all change! I am heading to Florida for four and half days with my best friend Meredith.

hokies @ clemson

Meredith and I will be running the Disney Princess Half Marathon on Sunday. After the race...and probably after a shower and a nap...we plan on celebrating. I have already planned for Sunday to be one of my cheat days during the challenge (the other? St. Patrick's Day, of course :)), but every other day I'm there is going to be so...challenging (ha, guess that's the point though, right?!). I will be faced with every temptation in the book!! So, here's to hoping I have enough willpower to make it through!!

Before I leave I wanted to share my recipe for prosciutto-wrapped asparagus. It is so simple I probably shouldn't call it a recipe...but I'm going to! It is great for breakfast, as an appetizer, or side dish. It fits in perfectly with paleo eating...and they're freaking delicious, so you should try them regardless!

What you need....

  • 12 slices prosciutto (only ingredients should be pork and salt)

  • 1 bunch of fresh asparagus

  • olive or coconut oil for frying


How to make them....

Wash and dry the asparagus spears and cut off the tough end. Cut the prosciutto in threes, lengthwise. Start at the bottom of the spear and wrap the prosciutto around the asparagus until you get to the top – it does not have to be completely covered. Heat some oil in a pan and fry the asparagus on medium-high for about 3 minutes per side. Serve immediately.

IMG_0906

Like I said, SUPER EASY and amazingly delicious. K, byeeee.

No comments:

Post a Comment