Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Bacon & Avacado Dip

I woke up on day one of the WLC with only a handful of cuties in my apartment to eat. In the days leading up to the challenge I was so busy eating all the things I couldn't have for the next eight weeks, that I had neglected to plan a single meal. So, while trying not to eat my computer, I planned a week worth of meals and heading to the grocery store. Once I got home from the store with all this fresh, delicious, healthy food...of course, I was in no mood to cook a meal. Grouchy and starving, I settled on making Bacon & Avocado dip. Not only was it quick and easy, but it was delicious and super filling!

What you need....

  • 1 ripe avocado

  • 4 slices bacon

  • quarter of a lime, juiced

  • 1 clove garlic, minced

  • 1 tsp chives, very finely sliced

  • sea salt and black pepper to taste

  • optional: 1 tbs sour cream


How to make it....

Cook the the bacon until browned and crispy. Let it cool then cut/chop it into small pieces.

IMG_0836

Mash the avocado until its smooth (or at least as smooth as you can get it) and stir in lime juice.

IMG_0835

If you feel like  making your dip pretty, set aside some of the chives and bacon for topping, then stir in bacon, garlic, and chives.

IMG_0839


Season with salt and pepper to taste and top with remaining bacon and chives. Chill dip for an hour...OR, if you're like me and you're starving, serve immediately (although I think it is slightly better cold)!


IMG_0841


  For clean eating, serve with your favorite vegetable (celery, carrots, cucumbers...the possibilities are endless)!


IMG_0842


If clean eating isn't something you're concerned about, stir in a tablespoon of sour cream to make it creamery and serve with chips! K, byeeee.


No comments:

Post a Comment