Sunday, August 26, 2012

Maribetso.

During my [first] senior year of college I decided that graduating on time was overrated. I made the decision to stay in school for another year and pursue a second degree (read: party and avoid the real world for as long as possible). It was really late in the year and most people had already figured out their living situation for the following school year. I ended up getting really lucky and found an awesome group of girls in my sorority to live with....downtown....in the perfect little apartment. Until my [second] senior year of college, I had never had pesto. My roommate, Nina (far left), introduced me to her mom's homemade pesto sauce and my life hasn't been the same since.



Every pesto recipe I've tried since college has not measured up to Maribeth's pesto. Aren't Maribeth and Nina the prettiest mother-daughter combo ever!?!



Sooooo I finally got smart and asked Nina if Maribeth would mind sharing her secret. As it turns out, I had all the ingredients right, but my ratios were off. Now I get to share the deliciousness with you all!

What you need...

  • 2  cups fresh  basil,  lightly  packed

  • 3/4 cup olive  oil

  • 1  cup grated  parmesan  cheese

  • 1 - 2 garlic  cloves

  • 1  tsp. salt


How to make it...

Place  all  ingrediants  in   a food  processor (or blender) and  blend  until  smooth.



Sever over pasta or gnocchi...or just eat it with a spoon!



Other pro tips for Maribeth...

"Store  in  the  refrigerator,  covered,  until  ready  to  use.  Mix  well  before  serving,  use  hot  or  cold. Can  also  be  made  ahead,  placed  in  airtight  containers, and  frozen. When  making  a  salad,  I always  use  Italian  Dressing,  along  with  the  pesto  sauce."

I make a ton of pesto sauce at once and freeze it! IT'S SO GOOD. And on that note, I'm going to go defrost and devour some maribesto. K, byeeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment