Thursday, August 23, 2012

Garen's Salsa.

My best friend that I've known since pre-school just recently got married...and she looked absolutely stunning.



She married an equally handsome guy.



Meredith and her new husband Garen (still feels really weird to call him her husband) currently live in Atlanta, so my boyfriend and I made a trip down to visit them...and of course go to a Braves game!!

It wouldn't be appropriate to go to any major sporting event without throwing a proper tailgate...which brings me to the point of this post: Garen's Salsa. His homemade salsa recipe is only one of the many recipes that Garen's family shared with Meredith. If all of the other recipes are as good as this salsa, I'm going to need to visit them more often! The salsa recipe is very simple, but it's seriously the best fresh salsa I've ever tasted!

What you need...

  • 8-10 roma tomatoes, diced

  • 1 onion, diced (can add scallions too)

  • 5 garlic cloves, minced

  • 4-5 jalapeños, diced (remove seeds)

  • Juice of 1 lime

  • Add to taste: coarse salt, black pepper, crushed red pepper, and fresh cilantro


How to make it....

Uhhhh, that's easy...chop, dice, mince, squeeze, dice some more, and mix! If you have a food processor, obviously use that to cut down on the time it takes to cut everything up. This recipe yields....a giant bowl? If you're not feeding a crowd of twenty, you could stand to cut the recipe in half.

Serve with chips and a vodka watermelon and you'll be in tailgate heaven. K, byeeee!

1 comment:

  1. [...] I won’t lie, so far the WLC has been prettyyyyy easy – I work from home, so I always have my entire kitchen at my fingertips; I haven’t gone out at all, which means I haven’t had to face any temptation to drink; and let’s be serious, it hasn’t even been a full week – but tomorrow this will all change! I am heading to Florida for four and half days with my best friend Meredith. [...]

    ReplyDelete