Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Chicken Salad

Lately I have been trying to eat as clean as possible. For some people that includes dairy, for others it doesn't. I have found that for my own personal sanity I cannot give up dairy completely. That doesn't mean I allow myself to snack on cheese with a side of yogurt and then wash it all down with a big ol' glass of milk. I do, however, like to incorporate greek yogurt into dishes as a substitute for mayo. This chicken salad only uses a little bit of greek yogurt and it is my current favorite lunch dish!

This recipe makes one serving - double, triple, quadruple, etc. as needed!

What you need...
  • 4 oz chicken, cooked and shredded
  • 1 tbsp greek yogurt
  • 1 tsp dijon mustard
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  • 2 tbsp celery, chopped
  • 2 tbsp onions, diced
  • 2 tbsp carrots, shredded
  • 1 tbsp almonds, chopped
  • Sea salt & pepper to taste
How to make it...

Mix ingredients together in a bowl and chill in the refrigerator. Serve over a bed of fresh spinach or in a lettuce wrap.

Chicken Salad

Just writing this post makes me excited for my lunch today! K, byeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment