Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette

I've been making my own dressings for a few years now, but I've never really measured things out - I just throw a little bit of this and some of that together and call it whatever I want. I finally decided to make a batch of dressing big enough for more than one salad, which forced me to measure things out...sort of. In the end, I went back and added more of whatever ingredient until the dressing tasted good. So if you decide to make this, just use these measurements as a guideline, and add more or less of whatever you want!

What you need...
  • 2 garlic cloves, peeled
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
  • 1/4 red wine vinegar
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • Freshly ground pepper to taste
  • 1-2 teaspoons dijon mustard (optional)
  • pinch of sugar (optional)
How to make it...

Finely chop the garlic and add the sea salt. Use your knife to grind the clove and salt together against cutting board (thanks for the tip, Dobby Flay). Place in a bowl with the lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, and mustard. Whisk together. Season with pepper and sugar. If the mixture it too tart, add water. Store covered in the refrigerator. The dressing might harden because of the olive oil, if this occurs just run warm water over the container. Shake and pour!

IMG_7670

I love using this dressing on salads with chicken or fish. Last night I ate it on an arugula salad with chicken, sun flower seeds, and goat cheese...I kept pausing to say how delicious it was. K, byeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment