Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Roast Grill.

On Man v Food, Adam Richmond tried to eat 17 hot dogs (including 17 buns, half a pint of mustard, and one pint of chili sauce) to complete the Hot Dogger Eating Challenge at The Roast Grill. Adam crushed the challenge in about 30 minutes, and as the winner, re-named it the "Man v. Food Hot Dog Challenge".



Why am I telling you this? Because I live about a block from this fine establishment. The Roast Grill was opened in 1940 (by the current owner's grandparents) and is noted for refusing to serve ketchup.



It is a very small place that seats 16 (mostly on stools at the counter + two small tables for two) and only takes cash.



The only options for the hotdogs are mustard, onions, chili, and slaw. The coolest part (or maybe its gross, I'm not sure) is that the hotdogs have been cooked on the same small grill since 1940!



We got our hotdogs with all four toppings and they were really yummy.



I'm not sure I'd say they were the best hot dog I've ever had....but they were good enough for me to want to go back.



Did I mention that the Roast Grill was on TV? Haha because I think that's a good enough reason to give it a try. K, byeee!

2 comments:

  1. Mmm. And of course it's lunch time and I have no hot dogs in the fridge. This is a dilemma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha right, isn't that how it always works!

    ReplyDelete