Saturday, March 10, 2012

Breakfast Sammy.

I love breakfast sammies - they are, in my opinion, the best way to start out the day. That being said, I work from home and I am not willing to leave my apartment for breakfast in the mornings (or wake up early enough to make it) when I could just be lazy and eat some cereal instead.  And on weekends I am RARELY awake before most places stop serving breakfast. However, considering the McDonald's Sausage & Egg McMuffin is 450 calories  (and that's without cheese), I think I'm better off sleeping through fast food breakfast. The breakfast sandwiches in this post are only 250 calories! You can make as many or as few as you like, but I always make 6 and freeze the leftovers!

What you need...

  • 1 package of English Muffins

  • 1 package of turkey sausage crumbles

  • 6 slices of cheese

  • 3 eggs

  • Cooking spray

  • Milk (optional)



How to make them...

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grab a muffin tin and lightly spray 6 cups with cooking spray. Crack your eggs and scramble them in a bowl with a little bit of milk, then pour equal parts in each muffin cup; add the sausage crumbles to the eggs.


Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes. [Sidebar: If you like your eggs runny, instead of scrambling 3 eggs, use 6 and crack one egg in each muffin cup and bake for 10-15 mins. Also use sausage patties instead of crumbles. I've made the sandwiches both ways and each one turned out wonderfully.]




If you'd like your English muffins toasted, slice them in half and place them all out on a baking sheet. Put them in the oven with your eggs and let them toast for a few mins (I put them in when there is 10 mins left).




Once everything is baked and toasted, assemble your sandwich! (I don't have to explain how to do that, right? K, good.)



Save them for later....

If you decide to make more than you  can manage to eat, let your sandwiches cool completely, then wrap them individually in plastic wrap and store them in a freezer-safe plastic bag.

To reheat the sandwich, remove the plastic wrap and wrap it in a paper towel; zap it in the microwave for a few mins. Then (if you have a toaster oven) toast them for a few mins  to make the bread crunchy again.



Okay, I feel like I've taken entirely too much time to explain one of the simplest things to make. My bad. K, byeeeeeee.

2 comments:

  1. Kelly Hughes VeithMarch 10, 2012 at 7:28 PM

    yum yum! i am going to make these like TOMORROW! nate LOVES breakfast sammies, he's going to be stoked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Thanks for re-pinning it too :)

    ReplyDelete