Friday, March 7, 2014

GREEN Cookie Dough Smoothie

Holy crap this green smoothie was SO GOOD..life changing, really. I make smoothies every morning for my fiance and I, and this morning I decided to take a walk on the wild side and try something new. Well, if you couldn't tell, the result was ahhhmazing. This recipe was adapted from Green Thickies and yields one serving.

What you need...
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 3 dates, pitted
  • 1 banana
  • 1 cup spinach or kale
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1 tbsp almond butter
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract 
How to make it...
  1. Pour the almond milk into a blender, add the dates, and blend until smooth.
  2. Add the bananas to the blender and blend until smooth.
  3. Add all the other ingredients except for the spinach and, yepp you guessed it, blend until smooth.
  4. Add spinach and blend until smooth.
  5. ENJOY!


The recipe was so sweet and filling, it was the perfect Friday morning treat. I can see myself making this for dessert in the future. Give it a try, YOU WON'T BE SORRY. K, byeeee.

No comments:

Post a Comment