Monday, April 23, 2012

Garlicky Asparagus.

I love asparagus. I usually just get frozen steamer bags of them, but I decided I was in the mood for some fresh asparagus. I found this recipe for Garlicky Asparagus in Cooking Light, and not only were they super easy to make, but they were seriously delicious.

What you need...

  • 1 pound asparagus spears, trimmed

  • 1 tablespoon olive oil

  • 2 garlic cloves, minced

  • 1/8 teaspoon salt

  • 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper


How to Make them...

Steam asparagus 4 minutes or until crisp-tender...seems simple enough, right? Well, it would be if you had a vegetable-steamer-pot-thingy, but not all of us have those (me included). So how are you going to steam your asparagus? Just get creative! I assembled my steamer using a strainer and alumni foil - worked like a charm!



While asparagus steams, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes or until fragrant, stirring frequently. Add asparagus, salt, and pepper; toss to combine.



I cooked the asparagus in the pan until they got a little bit of color, then called it a day.



My garlic ended up getting crispy and it added nice texture to the asparagus. One serving (about 3 ounces) is only 57 calories!


These Garlicky Asparagus are the perfect complement to any meat dish - give them a try! K, byeeee. (Hehe, this rhymes.)

3 comments:

  1. ive definitely poked a million holes in aluminum foil to fashion a strainer before i finally broke down and got one! haha

    i love asparagus - will def give this a try!

    ReplyDelete