Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Mexican Grilled Cheese.

Who doesn't love a classic grilled cheese? Well, this isn't exactly a classic grilled cheese, but it's still really delicious. This Mexican Grilled Cheese creation came to life based on the ingredients I had in my fridge and my lack of desire to go to the grocery store. That being said, I ended up liking it so much I made it again the next night!

What you need....

  • 2 slices of bread

  • 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped

  • 2 slices Pepper Jack cheese

  • 1 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened

  • 1 teaspoon taco seasoning mix

  • 1/2 cup salsa for dipping

  • 1 jalapeño, sliced (optional)

  • 100 calorie pack wholly guacamole (optional)


How to make it....

Stir the taco seasoning and butter together until spreadable and smooth. Spread the butter mixture on one side of each slice of bread. Place one slice of bread, buttered side down, on a preheated pan over medium heat. Top with a slice of cheese, cilantro, and slices of jalapeño.


Place the remaining slice of bread, buttered side up, on top. Cook for 2 minutes, then flip, cooking until cheese is melted and bread is lightly browned.

Serve with salsa and guacamole for dipping.



I couldn't decide which one I liked dipping my sandwich in more, they were both so good!



I originally thought I'd be putting this under fat girl nomz, but once I added up all the calories I realized it really wasn't that bad!! 

So if you weren't convinced to give this a try before, now you don't have any reason not to! K, byeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment