Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Hot Pineapple Sundae.

This is how I've felt about cooking recently:



In the last three weeks I've been to two weddings and spent 5 (LONG, HOT, STRESSFUL) days moving into a new apartment (with a bigger kitchen, YAY). That being said, cooking and blogging fell to the bottom of my priority list [yet again]. But, I'm back and here to share a mouth watering dessert - Hot Pineapple Sundaes! I shared a picture of this dessert with my friend Amanda, and I think our exchange pretty accurately describes how I felt about it...


I adapted this recipe from Cooking Light. One serving is only 235 calories and 6.4g of fat!

What you need...

  • 3 tablespoons brown sugar

  • 3 tablespoons orange juice

  • 1 1/2 teaspoons honey

  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

  • 2 cups chopped fresh pineapple

  • 1/4 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped

  • 2 cups vanilla fat-free frozen yogurt






How to make it...

Preheat broiler to high. Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well. Add pineapple.



Toss to coat.



Spread pineapple mixture in a single layer on a cookie sheet lined with foil.



Broil 5 minutes or until bubbly.



Spoon 1/2 cup yogurt into a dessert bowls. Top each serving with about 1/4 cup pineapple mixture and 1 tablespoon nuts.



Give this dessert a try, you won't be sorry! K, byeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment